Thursday, April 10, 2014

Paleo Dijon Vinaigrette

Im about to say something almost sacrilege to my gender: I hate salad. I just do. Like, if its between salad and brussel sprouts, Ill pick brussel sprouts. Every time. And thats because brussel sprouts are delicious. But whatever.

The only way I have learned to enjoy most salads is by drowning them in salad dressing. Admit it...thats the reason you like salad too. ADMIT IT!! So when Jenna and chose our ingredient for tomorrows TwoFaced recipe, I decided to make a salad, and in doing so, I needed a salad dressing. But I couldnt use anything from a bottle, because theyre all loaded with dairy and sugar. I could have used oil and vinegar, but thats just gross. So I took to the internets for inspiration and found a mustard vinaigrette that I knew would be right up my alley.
Its super tangy, what with all the dijon, balsamic vinegar, and lemon juice in it, but its creamy and the perfect complement to tomorrows salad.

Paleo Dijon Vinaigrette 
Makes about 1/2 cup

  • 4 Tbsp mustard (I chose dijon, but you could use honey mustard for something sweeter)
  • juice of half a lemon
  • 3 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
  • salt and pepper
Dump all the ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk together until everything is emulsified. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment