Saturday, January 25, 2014

Guest Post 1 Red BellPepper Chutney Red Capsicum Pachadi

I am so excited about my first guest post, Hurry!!!!!!. It makes me feel like a real blogger!!

My friend sirisha sent me this chutney recipe to me and to my event. She is a great cook and tries out new recipes. Her husband praises for her inventive breakfast recipes. She is expert in preparing all food items and I love her curiosity to make an effort on new recipes. 

Thank you Sirisha for this Delicious Chutney!!!!

Here is the recipe.




Ingredients:

RedBell peppers -  4 no (medium)
Green chillies - 4 to 5 no(depending on spice level)
Tamarind - very small lemon sized
Garlic - 1 clove (small sized)
Jeera - 1 tsp
Peanuts - 1 tsp

Seasoning

Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves   - 4 to 5
Red chill      - 1 no 
Hing(optional) – pinch

Preparation
  • Cut the bell peppers into bite size pieces.
  • Add a tablespoon of oil into the pan and fry the bell peppers till they are done and keep them aside. (Make sure that bell peppers are not watery as they give away lots of water)
  • In a pan add 1 tsp oil, add peanuts and roast them. Keep the peanuts aside. In the same oil add jeera and green chillies and fry them for 4-5 seconds. 
  • Let the bell peppers and peanuts cool.In a blender add garlic clove, soaked tamarind ,peanuts, jeera, green chillies, bellpeppers, salt and grind them.
  • Take the chutney into a bowl

  • For seasoning heat a tsp of oil and add mustard seeds,ural dal, jeera.After they splutter add red chillies,  curry leaves and hing and stir for 2-3 seconds.
  • Add the seasoning to the grinded chutney and serve with rice or dosas or idlis.
This goes to my own event  CC - Roti Pachadi/Chutney 

No comments:

Post a Comment